So what do you get the foodie who has everything for Christmas? A bigger kitchen would be nice, but in lieu, Val and I received some awesome cooking goodies for Christmas. Thanks family and friends :)
- On Cooking: A Textbook of Culinary Fundamentals is a gigantic textbook that covers everything from sanitary food handling, to flambes, to presentation.
- Sauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Making. One of our new years resolutions is to concentrate on developing sauces and flavor in 2010, so this book should help.
- Cheese & Wine: A Guide to Selecting, Pairing, and Enjoying. I love cheese!
- Global 6-1/4-Inch 16 cm Flexible Boning Knife to replace our aging and dulling boning knife. A must have for fish, meat, and – oh yes – cantaloupe.
- 3 boxes of Penzeys Spices, including the Grill and Broil Crate and Taste of Mexico sampler. We are going to grill a LOT of well seasoned meat. Come on over…
- Cowgirl Creamery Gift Card and Cheese Safe. See aforementioned love of cheese.
- 2″ x 9 Round Cake Ring so Val can make her quiches Michael Ruhlman style.
- Peugeot Salt and Pepper Mills
- Platypus Platy Wine Preserver
- Copper pot from my aunt
- Oven Mitts
- Kitchen Towels
- Molecular Cooking Set. Val got this for me. And its awesome. I’d probably never get an opportunity to play around with molecular cooking otherwise. Saving this for a slow weekend so we can really enjoy playing around.
-Adam and Val